Paracetamol For DogsParacetamol is generally not recommended for dogs unless specifically prescribed by a veterinarian. A lot of the time, there will be more appropriate options available.
While paracetamol is commonly used to relieve pain and reduce fever in humans, it can be toxic to dogs if given at high doses. Dogs metabolize certain drugs differently than humans, and their bodies may not be able to process paracetamol effectively, particularly if they’re unwell. Ingesting too much paracetamol can lead to severe complications in dogs, including liver damage and gastric ulcers.
Symptoms of paracetamol toxicity in dogs may include lethargy, difficulty breathing, vomiting, jaundice (yellowing of the skin and eyes), and even death. If you suspect that your dog has ingested paracetamol, it is crucial to seek veterinary attention immediately.
Never administer medication to your dog without consulting your veterinarian first. They can recommend safe and appropriate treatments for your dog's specific needs.